Theatre Improv Workshop with Robin Clipsham
August 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Ages 12 and up
What exactly is improvisation? (and what it isn’t)
Improvisation (improv)training is not just about performing live theatre on the spot.
What it is, is training in adaptability – the number one skill, as touted by LinkedIn.
Improv is also a form of active mindfulness, teaching participants to be in the present moment and helping to unlock innate creativity. It is also just so much fun!
- Opens and maintains brain function through blending and stretching *
- Increases relaxation*
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem*
- Allows engagement in creative group activities
- Raises energy levels
- Provides an expressive environment: safe, fun and dynamic.
- Combines the excitement of spontaneous conversation with listening skills
*Research results from studies at Loma Linda University, Northwestern University, and the University of Toronto, Faculty of Social Work
You don’t have to be a performer to love this workshop. It’s no different than engaging in a lively and stimulating conversation with friends.
Join Improv Coach, Robin Clipsham in the fun, and learn how you can develop storytelling ability, increase confidence and energy, enhance listening & communication skills, build resilience and so much more !